Last updated: March 2022
Welcome to AnyWeb, a SaaS platform which provides customers with the tools to build and manage websites.
The Platform is provided and controlled by Byteplus Pte. Ltd (“we”, "our" or “us”). If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
We may also process personal data of end users on behalf of a customer that has created a website using AnyWeb. The controller responsible for this personal data will be the relevant customer that operates that website.
The types of personal data we use
The information we collect depends on how you use the Platform and the choices you make. We collect information about you from different sources and in various ways when you use our Platform, including information you provide directly, third-party data sources, information collected automatically, and data we infer or generate from other data. More information about the categories and sources of information is provided below.
Information you choose to provide
For certain activities, such as when you register, upload content to the Platform or contact us directly, you may provide some or all of the following information:
- Registration information, such as age, username and password, language, and email or phone number;
- Profile information, such as name, social media account information, and profile image;
- Payment information, such as PayPal or other third-party payment information (where required for the purpose of payment);
- Information in correspondence you send to us.
Information from third parties
You may choose to share certain data with us from third parties or through your use of the Platform, we may collect such third party data. We set out further details on the information we receive from third parties below:
- Social Networks. If you connect a social network account to the Platform, we will collect information from the social network that it makes available, which may depend on your use and settings on the social network. If you choose to register to use the Platform using your social network account details (e.g. Google), you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with your username and public profile. We will likewise share certain information with the relevant social network such as your app ID, access token and the referring URL.
- Publicly available sources. We may also gather information about you from publicly available sources, including open government databases.
Information we collect automatically
We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform. Such information includes:
- Identifiers and device information. We collect certain device and network connection information when you access our Platform. This information includes your IP address, your screen resolution and operating system.
- Usage data. We automatically log your activity on the Platform, including the content you view on the Platform, how long you spent viewing such content, access times and the URL of the website from which you came to our site.
We infer information such as your general geographic location (e.g. city, state, and country) based on your IP address.
Cookies, Mobile IDs,and Similar Technologies
How we use your information
In general, we use your personal data to provide the Platform to you and to improve and administer it.
The table below lists how we use each of the categories of information we collect and the legal basis which we rely on, where you are based in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom (the "European Region")
|How we process your data||European Region legal basis|
|To improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development, including to inform our algorithms.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely to improve our Platform.|
|To understand how you use the Platform, including across your devices;||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely to improve our Platform and to tailor aspects of the Platform to you.|
|To help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform.||The processing is necessary for our legitimate interests, namely to protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities.|
|To ensure that you are old enough to use the Platform.||The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|To provide customer support and respond to your questions.||The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|To communicate with you, including to notify you about changes in our services.||The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.|
|To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies, and to meet our legal obligations.||The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you and, where applicable, to comply with our legal obligations.|
How we share your information
We may share your personal data with selected third parties in or outside your country, including:
- our business partners so that we can make you special offers via the Platform;
- service providers or agents that provide services to us for any of the purposes described in this Policy, such as cloud storage providers to store the information we collect and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we entered into with you.
We may also share your information with members, subsidiaries, or affiliates of our corporate group to facilitate efficient delivery of the Platform including improving and optimising the Platform, preventing illegal use and supporting customers.
We may share your information with law enforcement agencies, public or tax authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if we have a good faith belief that such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with a legal obligation, process or request (including tax and related reporting requirements);
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets.
Please note that the Platform may include references or links to products provided by third parties whose privacy practices differ from ours. If you provide personal data to any of those third parties, or consent to our sharing personal data with them, that data is governed by their privacy policies.
We will separately obtain your consent for international data transfer if this is required under applicable laws.
Your choices and rights
If you have any questions on how to use those tools, or want to know about any rights you may have in the country where you live, please contact us at the email address provided at the bottom of this policy.
EUROPEAN DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
If you are resident in the European Region, you have certain rights with respect to your personal data:
- You can request access to, and rectification or erasure of, personal data;
- If any automated processing of personal data is based on your consent or a contract with you, you have a right to transfer or receive a copy of the personal data in a usable and portable format;
- If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You can object to, or obtain a restriction of, the processing of personal data under certain circumstances.
We rely on different lawful bases for collecting and processing personal data about you, for example, with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
The security of your personal data
How long we keep your personal data
Information relating to children
This Platform is not directed at anyone under the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you believe that we have personal data about or collected from any person under the relevant age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If contacting us does not resolve your complaint, you have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority.
If you are based in the United Kingdom, our designated GDPR representative is:
Cosmo Technology Private Limited
2 Temple Back East, Temple Quay
Bristol, United Kingdom,BS1 6EG